“I’m very busy and I don’t have a lot of spare time to come to a clinic. I would prefer to work with a physiotherapist from my phone. Do you offer this service?”
During the COVID-19 pandemic, thousands of physiotherapists and patients around the world adopted telerehabilitation (also known as “virtual physiotherapy”) for a wide range of non-surgical and post-surgical conditions.
Perhaps the greatest change to emerge during the pandemic, has been the empowerment of patients to choose providers based on whether they offer telerehabilitation services or not.
Telerehabilitation allows for;
- Patients to connect with a physiotherapist of their choice from any mobile phone or internet connected device.
- Eliminates travel time and costs associated with attending clinic appointments.
- Patient education on injuries and conditions
- Patient education on home-based self-management / treatment strategies.
- Safe and appropriate home exercise programs designed and monitored by a physiotherapist
- Convenient access to monitor progress, provide follow up care and to answer questions.
Telerehabilitation is ideal for patients who have been examined and diagnosed by a physician or physiotherapist and would prefer a home based rehab program designed and monitored by a physiotherapist.
If you’re looking to get answers and help from a physiotherapist without leaving home, I invite you to check out our directory.
Thank you for your time.
Terry Kane, Registered Physiotherapist (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
Founder / Owner, OrthopaedicsCanada.com Network